Southwest Black Bean Salad

This dish is so so so tasty and one of my favorite things to make!! I actually originally saw something similar on Pinterest (gotta love pinning) but it was a little more work then I wanted to do, so I researched some more bean salads and came across this recipe by Gina's Skinny Recipes... it was perfect!! Its incredibly easy and great for guests, parties, or just home with the family!! My daughter loves this dish and lets out a little happy scream every time I make it!! My husband tells me I should make this every time we have guests over... the flavor is so good! super refreshing and light!!! I usually make this with my Tuscany Lemon Chicken... compliments it well!!!


1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
9 oz frozen corn, thawed
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 lime, juice
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS cilantro (optional)
salt & fresh pepper
1 avocado, diced

 
Servings 4
~ Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt & pepper
~ let marinade for 30 minutes in refrigerator
~ Add avocado just before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment