Easy Tortilla Soup



This is one of my GO-TO recipes that I have been cooking for years! It's super easy, loaded with chicken and has an amazing flavor!!! My husband loves it, kids love it, and really who doesn't love tortilla soup!! I made this last week while visiting my husbands side of the family and we made a huge pot of it to feed 6 adults and 5 kids... it was the easiest dinner we did all week! Then we set up all the toppings in separate bowls so everyone could build their own soup the way they like... it was a unanimous liking!! When I cook this at home for just the 3 of us, I make a large pot as well, that way there are lots of leftovers!!


5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 (32oz) cartons chicken stock
1-1/2 cups brown rice
2 (16oz) packages of frozen corn, thawed
16oz jar salsa (I use mild Picante)
salt

Optional Toppings:
shredded cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips, crumbled (gluten free)
fresh avocado, sliced

Servings 8
~ Boil chicken in water until done. Then shred chicken
~ Cook rice in water (as package directs) until done
~ In separate pot combine chicken stock, corn, cooked rice, and shredded chicken. heat over med-high for 15-20 minutes.
~ Add salsa and salt (to taste) cook for another 3-5 min.
~ Finished! Top each serving with desired toppings...

No comments:

Post a Comment