Egg Drop Soup... Protein Protein Protein


Love this soup cause its so flavorful, filling, healthy, low carb, and loaded with protein!! Love eating this after a good workout!! I'm usually NOT a fan of tofu but in this dish I make an exception, cause its delicious!!! I use to eat Egg Drop Soup as a little girl in my favorite Chinese restaurant and it was my absolute favorite... This one has a very very similar taste and much healthier! Brings back memories!! 
 

Ingredients:
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried ginger
2 TBS chives, sliced
4oz bamboo shoots, chopped
3oz white mushrooms. chopped
6oz tofu (firm), chopped (OR shredded chicken)
1 cup fresh baby spinach
3 eggs
1/4 cup tamari


** Tip - I've noticed a lot of chicken broths have sugar (usually cane sugar) in them... make sure to READ LABELS and pick one without added sugar!


~Heat in a medium sauce pan chicken broth, chives, and ginger to a boil
~ Add bamboo shoots, mushrooms and tofu. Cook over medium heat for 5 min
~ Whisk eggs and  with a fork fold eggs into boiling broth
~ Add spinach and tamari. cook 2 minutes. Finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment